AGFA + Bleeding Skull! is a collaboration with our friends at the American Genre Film Archive (AGFA).
Blood Lake is the most fascinating — and stupefying — shot-on-video slasher that ever escaped from 1987. A group of unhinged party animals, including adolescent horn-dog Lil’ Tony, embark on a weekend trip filled with Jet Skis, a keg of Busch, and an extended game of quarters. But look out! There’s a supernatural killer on the loose who wears cowboy boots and a silk shirt with a rose stitched on it! Made by real-life friends from Oklahoma on a real-life vacation, Blood Lake is a rewardingly lethal collision of ’80s slasher video-vomit and twisted cinéma vérité madness. From false metal soundtrack hits to gratuitous scenes of people sleeping, this might be the only movie in history capable of receiving a stamp of approval from both David Lee Roth and Andy Warhol.
Directed by Tim Boggs
82 minutes / 1987 / Color
Special features include:
– Transferred from the original 1” master tape!
– Commentary track with director Tim Boggs and Bleeding Skull’s Annie Choi and Joseph A. Ziemba!
– Fantastic Fest screening Q&A with director Tim Boggs and producer-star Doug Barry!
– Ashes short film directed by Tim Boggs!
– Unseen 1987 investor trailer!